ICME 2011 aims at supporting and advancing high quality research and development. The following incentives and benefits will be offered in Barcelona, Spain during the conference.
IBM Best Demo Award ($1,000)
|SEARCH IN LARGE VIDEO ARCHIVES USING QUERIES BASED ON A SYNTHETIC 3D HUMAN MODEL|
|By||Stephan Veigl (Austrian Institute of Technology)
Csaba Beleznai (Austrian Institute of Technology)
IBM Best Presentation Award ($1,000)
|FEMALE FACIAL AESTHETICS BASED ON SOFT BIOMETRICS AND PHOTO-QUALITY|
|By||Antitza Dantcheva (Eurecom)
Jean-Luc Dugelay (Eurecom)
Technicolor Best Student Paper Award ($2,500)
|ANIMATION OF GENERIC 3D HEAD MODELS DRIVEN BY SPEECH|
|By||Lucas Terissi* (Lab. for System Dynamics and Signal Processing, UNR, CONICET, Rosario, Argentina)*
Mauricio Cerda (Equipe Cortex, INRIA-Loria Nancy Grand Est)
Renato Valenzuela (Department of Computer Science, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile)
Hewlett Packard Best Paper Award ($3,000)
|ANALYSIS OF DRIVER BEHAVIORS DURING COMMON TASKS USING FRONTAL VIDEO CAMERA AND CAN-BUS INFORMATION|
|By||Jinesh Jain* (The University of Texas,Dallas)*
Carlos Busso (The University of Texas, Dallas)
- La Salle ICME 2011 Sponsorship ($12,500)
- Qualcomm Corporation Student Travel Grants ($5,000)
- IEEE Northern Canada Section (NCS) Student Paper Awards ($3,000)
- Eligibility: Awarded candidate must be a IEEE NCS student member. The best three accepted and presented papers with the candidate as first author will be awarded $1,000 each.
- Indicate you would like to enter the competition when uploading your camera-ready version via the CMT system.
- Alternative, you can email the following information to the Student Travel Grant Chair, Shiwen Mao (email@example.com) with "ICME 2011 IEEE NCS Student Paper Award" in the subject line. [Paper ID: Paper Title: List of authors, affiliations and emails: Registration Author Name: First student member IEEE membership #:]
- Awards will be given out during the conference banquet.
- To join IEEE as NCS student member, please visit http://northerncanada.ieee.ca and click the "join IEEE" tag at the top.
- Microsoft FREE Tutorials
- IEEE Spain Section Best Paper in "Workshop on Edutainment" (€1,000)
Student Travel Grants
Thanks to the generous supports from Qualcomm, La Salle, and IEEE NCS, ICME 2011 is pleased to provide a number of travel grants for ICME 2011 student participants. Each student travel grant consists of $500 to help defray, but not necessarily to cover entirely, the costs of student's travel, lodging, meals expenses and conference registration fees.
Download PDF version of this Student Travel Grants Announcement.
Eligibility for Student Travel Grants
- The applicant has to be a student (or has been at the time of conference registration).
- The applicant must be the author or co-author of an accepted paper in the conference.
- The applicant must register for the conference at the time of application, and attend the conference to present the paper.
- The grants can only be used to cover the travel expenses for applicants to attend ICME2011.
- If selected, the student should provide a signature to confirm that the grant he/she is receiving is not covering expenses already funded by other means.
- If selected, the student should provide receipts of travel expenses (e.g., travel invoices, hotel, boarding passes, etc.) that can certify his/her attendance.
Interested student should send an explicit request for the student travel grant. A complete application should contain the following items (combined into one file):
- A resume or CV of the student applicant.
- A letter that briefly summarizes (i) the applicant's research interests and accomplishments, and the relevance to ICME topics, (ii) a description of how ICME will benefit his/her professional development.
- 3. A short support letter from the student's advisor that (i) confirms the applicant's student status, (ii) explains why the applicant is in need of a travel grant, and (iii) how attending ICME 2011 will benefit the student's research progress.
- Evidence of registration for ICME 2011.
Applications should be submitted by Friday June 10, 2011 via email to
Please use the following format in the subject line
ICME 2011 Student Travel Grant – YourPaperID – YourName
Please combine all the components into a single file. ASCII or PDF formats are strongly recommended.
Evaluation and Notification
Only a limited number of grants will be awarded on a highly competitive basis. A subcommittee consisting of executive committee members of ICME 2011 will review each application and make the selections. Grants will be awarded to applicants who have a genuine need for support and a strong track-record on ICME related research, while paper quality and geographic distribution will also be taken into consideration. Applicants will be notified with the award decisions by Friday June 17, 2011.
ICME 2011 reserves the right to make the final decision regarding all applications.
Important DatesApplication Deadline:Friday June 10, 2011
Notification:Friday June 17, 2011